Ageing, certain foods, smoking and some antibiotics are a common cause of teeth yellowing.
Your suitability for tooth whitening will be assessed before starting treatment.
Our chosen whitening system is Pola Night. The home whitening systems have trays that are custom made for your mouth, they fit like gum-shields. The gel that is placed in the tray is carbamide peroxide.
Your dentist will also discuss
- the duration of your treatment
- which is the best system for you
- foods to avoid while whitening
- possible side effects such as transient sensitivity and how to control it
- review appointments so that your progress can be monitored
- your maintenance plan